Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ciao Madrid

And just like that, it's over...!

This Spring went by lightening fast. I can't believe that in a couple hours I will be leaving this place I've called home for the last 2 1/2 months... I still have to clean, pack, and prepare for my Greece trip.

This last week was bittersweetness in it's purest form. There's many things I miss about home, but sooo much I will miss from here. I have pet peeves back home that I'm dreading, but happy to leave what bugs me about this place. I can't WAIT to see my friends/family back home, but I am sad to be leaving the people I've grown close to here. I'm going to be grateful for schedules and a liitle routine, but I will miss the adventurousness of spur of the moment decisions. My life is full of these opposing pairs right now and all I can say is "que sera sera." But I don't think my "adventure days" are over yet (especilly since I'm going to Greece tmrw!)

After birthday celebrations, goodbyes with our professors, tons of shopping, tons of eating, and a little bit of dancing and studying, I can officially say that my quarter abroad is over! I'm a senior in college now, and I'm going on vacation in 8 hours!

I most likely won't be able to update this til after Greece, but be praying for safety and other things throughout my final trip. <3

Hasta luego,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment