Tuesday, September 6, 2011

España, ya voy!!

Otra vez!!
I'm so ecstatic to be leaving in 2 weeks for my favorite European nation once again! I will be assistant teaching English at a primary school for 10 months October-June and getting paid! First real job after college! I will be teaching with a program through the Ministry of Education of Spain (Dedication: I am eternally grateful to Lindsey and Iñaki for suggesting/encouraging me to apply and for their help throughout this year. You guys are amazing and I don't think this would have been possible without you! Thank you! *besos)
I'm currently apartment hunting online with my future roomies Kelsey and Laura. I was so blessed to "randomly" meet these 2 lovely ladies, it had to be a God-thing! Laura happened to be stretching near me in our kickboxing class and we chatted one day about our common experiences studying in Madrid and attending the same church there as well. Then we realized we were both hired/returning to teach there, with the same program, and placed in the same area of the city! Her roommate Kelsey was also assigned in Madrid, so I am incredibly thankful God provided some built-in support as I start this adventure. (Fun fact, my last 2 roomies had the same names! Laura in Spain jr year and Kelcie in Davis sr year).
I can't wait to visit some of my favorite locations and friends so soon! I'm constantly daydreaming or thinking about it. However, the most pressing issues on my mind is how to cram everything I might need in a year (including 3 seasons of clothing) into 2 suitcases. You know, in addition to the minor things like where I'll be living, what my job will entail... no big deal. But you really don't understand, I have a LOT of clothes. Cute clothes. That I will be abandoning for a YEAR! *cries

Since I only have 2 more weeks at home, I'm trying to take them slowly and enjoy each moment. I'm lucky to have work in the short 3 weeks I'm in SoCal, and getting to see friends and family daily has been such a treat.

Random thoughts/suggestions:
Go see "The Help" and "One Day"... laughed, cried, dress-gasmed... honestly. Beautiful pieces of work.
I HATE 100 degrees. It's my least favorite degree. Except anything above it too...I hate those ones more.
Coca Cola is the shiz. Sorry Pepsi people, but it wins. Especially making these crazy hot days bearable.
Eating home cooked meals regularly, for free, and not prepared by myself is a horrible/delicious way to be spoiled before leaving the country to live off of patatas, jamon y queso for the next 10 months. (Thanks mom!)
Reading Dave Ramsey's books before I leave, and man, ka-ching!! $_$ So helpful! I advise picking up a copy of his stuff or listening to his podcast/radio show.
The tracks is tonight, if you're in Fullerton and know what that is, please attend! It's at 7 pm now, same location, some of the same people, but many new friends as well. :) Shout out to Josh and Kurihi!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOO excited (read: JEALOUS) for you!!!! I am so happy and proud of you for casting a net out there and reeling in this amazing treasure of an experience. Can't wait to keep up on your adventures! Thanks for letting me be a part of it :)

    Besitos!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So I am officially a follower, of your blog. haha, it was weird seeing you with long hair in the blogs before! Good luck with your search, everything always finds a way of working itself out. Let me know when you find a place, and update your blog when that occurs too! lol.

    Hasta luego,

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete