Sunday, March 28, 2010

Domingo de Palmas

Happy beginning of Semana Santa!

This weekend started out pretty fun, but ended blah-zeh. I was feeling well enough on Friday night to go out, so I went to El Tigre for tasty Mojitos and free tapas (they had the most amazing fried potato/cheese things, YUM!!!), then we went dancing at La Fontana del Oro. I met so many people from all over-- Argentina, France, Scotland, Mexico, Venezuela, and Afghanistan! Who knew so many international people would all be at a small bar/dance place in Madrid! 5:30 came around before we knew it, so we left to get churros con chocolate, a traditional early morning snack after a long night of fun, and the got home at 6:45. It was so strange to be coming home as the sun was rising, but it is the Spanish way... When you don't even leave the house to eat until 11:30, time goes by quickly! :)
I stayed in the rest of the weekend to rest up, which I've been needing. Today my PLAN was to experience a Catholic mass on this first day of Semana Santa, but I woke up feeling terrible and ended up going back to sleep until 2. (I did get my quiet time in though!) I tell ya, being sick and abroad is NOT fun, you have to constantly choose between "wasting time" while recovering and "seizing the day" but paying for it!

I am leaving tomorrow for Andalucia, the southern part of Spain, and will be visiting Granada, Seville, and Cordoba. I am extremely excited about this trip, we get to see a Flamenco show in the gypsy caves outside of Granada and see so much of the Moorish history of Spain. I hope that I fall asleep tonight and magically feel better, because I am SO OVER being sick! Also, I have to keep borrowing my friends' computer because my hates me and died on me AGAIN...! So until I figure all of this out, pictures are on hold.

~Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment