Sunday, April 4, 2010

Feliz Pascua!

"Happy Easter!"

It's an absolutely gorgeous day in Madrid, breezy and sunny and bright blue skies, perfect for the celebration of the Risen King!!
I went to the Cathedral Almudenas today for a Catholic Mass in Spanish. It was very beautiful and I loved the echoes of the choir and all of the tradition. I've always been somewhat turned off to opulent places of worship and didn't quite understand why people would go to such extravagance during hard times to build and keep up a place like that, but I realized as I sat there how the grandiosity was sort of a symbol of how important God should be to us. I mean, if we put out so much money to build other buildings for commercial purposes and to decorate secular places but don't really care what goes into a holy place which is intended for the Creator of the Universe, then what does that say about our priorities? I doubt everyone has the same opinion on this matter, but my eyes have opened to another point of view and I feel like I can appreciate the way others do things in a new way. :)

Ate a delicious kebab in the Palace Courtyard after the service, then went shopping and just had a relaxing day here!

I hope everyone can find something beautiful on this day of Hope and Victory, I pray you have your own personal miracle today!

In His Grace and Glory,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment